Staking His Claim - Lynda Chance
This is the 2nd book I have read by Lynda Chance, and I am not sure if I will continue to check her stuff out. It does have her usual OTT Aphahole hero and I quite liked the heroine who did stand her ground at times. But the short length didn't really expand much on that aspect and a lot of the time it was him being all caveman like with his jealousy. But I didn't believe in the resolution when he never acted on her just talking to a guy who had a romantic interest in her - It didn't make me believe he would ever give her the space or the time to get over his issues. The love scenes were hot and sexy, although the first love scene where he wanted to forgo the condom which she never relented which I was glad - I found that a bit off-putting. I am not sure if I will pick up another book unless its a full one, although I get the appeal of the alpha macho type heroes because I am a bit of a sucker for them but only if it is done well. But for me instead of ticking the boxes - there was a few crosses and it never really reached the cracklicious promise.