Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) - Kristen Ashley
I've heard a lot of good things about Kristen Ashley books, and I was eyeing a couple of her books but this caught my attention because I was in the mood for erotic romance.However, I had real issues with it most specifically the hero, who was too much of a controlling ass, and I wasn't a huge fan about the truth of his profession much later on. Its one thing to be controlling in the bedroom but real life where the heroine is dictated to what what she could wear and who she could go out with was too much and I especially didn't like the fact he had his men following her and it didn't work for me. I don't mind alpha heroes, but this was too much, I also felt there were times, the heroine Anya was way too similar to Ana from the Fifty Shades trilogy with her internal monologue of "Oh My's and Oh Craps" - this was a 27 year old woman and there was mentions of "Later baby" - I do know there will be similar books in the vein of Fifty Shades because of its success but those elements are the weakest part of that trilogy and Ashley's voice was much stronger when it didn't reflect that aspect.There was also editing issues too and I think it would have been a much stronger book if it was polished and edited better, it really felt like it was a rough draft because it had a great premise. Maybe this is the wrong book to choose but overall I was disappointed by this book and I wanted to like it because it held real promise.